Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dreaming of a Dress Event =]

This past Saturday I was included in one of my funnest appearances yet. I along with a lot of other title holders in Kentucky got to help 20 wonderful girls pick out a perfect prom gown & shoes, get their hair and makeup done, and then have a fashion show. The young girl I was partnered with name was Emi, she was the sweetest girl I had ever met, she attends Brian Station and her prom is this Saturday. The Dress she chose was short and purple with silver and black polka dots, which was cool because my prom dress is polka dots. It was wonderful getting to watch these young ladies with so much spirit find their dress. The Wedding Center in Lexington Ky was the wonderful store that made the event possible. The Lexington Fayette Urban County Government partners with The Wedding Center to make the Dreaming of a Dress Program a reality for those young ladies. I encourage all of you to get involved for next year! Below is how.


What can you do to help?
*Donate a gown you no longer can use
*Ask others for donations
*Join us to help these girls celebrate their accomplishment and select their Dream Gown
Until Next Time,
Love, Shannen =]

No comments:

Post a Comment