Thursday, May 7, 2009

Home At Last Charity Event.


Since I just got this set up, I'm going to catch you all up on appearance's I've already made!

The Home At Last Charity was my first Appearance as Miss Teen Ky World. I got to make this appearance with my "Pageant Sis",Jesslyn (left in picture) which was really fun. Home At Last Rescue (HAL) plays an active role in this "no-kill" movement by rescuing animals from city shelters, providing temporary foster care, and bringing these animals to the public for placement in high-quality, loving homes. At this event there was live entertainment, food, and auctions. The auction is how most of the money was raised for the evening, other then donations and the small cost to attend. I personally love animals so being included in such a miraculous cause was great. The Home At Last organizations are always having events to help raise money to help them house their pets. If your an animal lover check out their website to get involved there is always something you can do to help. Also attend their next event if your able it really is an awesome experience.

http://www.homeatlastrescue.org/html/volunteer.html

1 comment:

  1. Shannen-

    What a wonderful write-up! I'm glad you had such a great time at Bark and Whine and that HAL has made an impact on you - I do hope you will be there next year!

    Dee Sturgill
    Home at Last

    ReplyDelete